Oak Hill Collaborative is Helping People Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit
What does that mean?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service during the pandemic.
What does it provide?
- Up to $50/month discount for internet services;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer or tablet purchased through a qualified provider.
Who is eligible?
A Household is eligible is one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see below)
- Participates in certain government assistance programs such as:
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Are currently NOT receiving any other lifeline benefits;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 Program
What is Oak Hill Collaborative doing to help?
Since the launch of the Emergency Broadband Benefit:
On May 12th, 2021, Oak Hill Collaborative has taken it upon ourselves a Digital Champions of North Eastern Ohio to assist in the awareness and enrollment of low-income households into the program. Thus far we have been met with twice as many complications are successes, yet persevere because we realize this is a wonderful opportunity for those in the digital divide to sign up for low-cost internet and realize the benefits of such a utility.
How can I sign up?
There are FOUR ways to apply:
- Contact the Oak Hill Collaborative for more information and to place an appointment for assistance in enrolling. This can be accomplished by calling 330 – 406 – 0271 or emailing OHCEBB@gmail.com
- Enroll yourself by creating a Lifeline NV Account, submitting the online form, and then calling your ISP once you qualify to have the changes made to your account. You can start this process by going this website.
- Contact your local Internet service provider (ISP) directly to learn about their application process and what they expect.
- Request a mail-in application by calling 833-511-0311 or print it yourself and mail it along with proof of eligibility to: Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742
Let us help you take advantage of this opportunity, and save you money on your internet!