Improved Broadband Capacity
- Emergency Broadband Benefit – helping low-income households save $50 off their internet bill and $100 off the purchase of their next device.
- State Infrastructure Grant legislation: help develop policy, draft legislation and recommend amendments, testify in support, lobby for legislative approval.
- Purchase wireless hotspots (planned)
- Promote more economical payment plans for Internet (e.g. Lifetime, Access) (Including neighborhood door to door campaign)
Classes Already Taught:
- Raspberry Pi Build (over 20 courses taught, 200+ students)
- Social Media for Small Businesses
- 3D Printing
- Introductory Computer Education (basics)
- Website Development
- Drone Operation/FAA Licensure
Classes Planned for the Future:
- Video Game Development
- Introductory Computer Education (bilingual) (basic)
- Music Production/Editing
- 3D Printing
- Social Media (including YouTube)
- Website Search Engine Optimization
- Makerspace/Hackerspace (including a new 10 station computer lab)
- Oak Hill Robotics Makerspace
- Host: Code Youngstown, Coal Creek Game Developers, Penguin Hackers, NEO Chapter Association of Computer Machinery, YSU Game Developers, and Youngstown – Warren inventors Club
- Conduct Internet surveys (over 2,000 respondents)
- Youth Video Game Development Workshops (planned, with support from AT&T)
- Going to events/door to door to sign people up for AT&T Access program/Lifeline/etc.
Mahoning Valley Digital Inclusion Working Group, Eastgate Development COG, Western Reserve Port Authority, Youngstown Foundation, St. Patrick’s Parish, ACTION, Youngstown State University, SCORE, Oak Hill Robotics Makerspace, KO Consulting, United Way Success After Six.